A few days ago I shared a picture on my Instagram of a quick pasta dish I made on Sunday night. As I have shared before, my kids love pasta and I try to make different variations of it.
For this meal, I used spinach ravioli from Costco. It comes pre made and has easy instructions on how to prepare it on the packaging. You can make or add a sauce of your choice to go with it. Which brings me to the basic Alfredo sauce that I make from scratch and is my go to for creamy pasta sauces. I love this sauce because you can add anything to it. I’ve added everything from chicken broth/white wine to thin it out, tomatoes, spinach, chicken, shrimp, salmon and I sometimes add a hint of lemon juice for a richer bold taste. I tend to be very generous with the garlic on this one because I love garlic.
As always, adjust the ingredients to your taste. You can always tweak measurements and seasoning to suit your tastebuds. Enjoy!
What you will need:
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• Salt and ground black pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for sprinkling over the final dish if you wish
• melt the butter over medium heat. Make sure the butter does not burn
• add garlic and cook the garlic in the hot butter over medium heat until soft
• pour the cream gradually into the saucepan with the melted butter and garlic.
• add salt and pepper to taste and bring the butter-cream mixture to a boil and then lower your heat and bring to a gentle boil, uncovered for about 3 to 5 minutes
• stir the sauce gently with a wooden spoon until it begins to thicken
• remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese
• continue stirring until the cheese is incorporated into the sauce. Your sauce is now ready to toss with pasta or to use as desired.
Until next time,
a whole meal in less than an hour
This is so simple but looks so good! Thanks for sharing